Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for the I-Share catalog
- You can search the I-Share catalog directly, or you can begin in the Knox catalog and expand your search results to include all I-Share libraries -- it's up to you!
- Remember that the process for searching I-Share is the same as searching just at Knox, so take a look at the Library Catalog tab and Search Tips tab for some guidance.
- Once you locate a book in the I-Share catalog, just follow the steps below to request it, and the book will be sent to Seymour Library for you!
Request a Book
Requesting a book through I-Share is simple, and can be done if a book isn't available at Knox. Remember that you'll need to sign in to your library account to request books from I-Share.
From your results list, click the title of the item. Then scroll down to view a list of libraries that own the item. Find one library that owns it, then click the "Request Item" link:
If you are not already logged into your library account, you will be prompted to do so.
A pop-up box appears with information about the transaction. Simply click the PLACE REQUEST button:
The library will send you an e-mail when your book arrives, but you can also monitor requests through your Library Account:
When borrowing books from I-Share, keep these policies in mind:
- Pick up and return to Seymour Library Circulation Desk
- Unlimited number of books
- 28-day loan
- 3 online renewals (for students); 6 online renewals for faculty & staff
- Charged replacement cost after 29 days overdue
For more information on borrowing from I-Share, see the I-Share FAQ.