Skip to main content
Tips for the I-Share catalog
- You can search the I-Share catalog directly, or you can begin in the Knox catalog and expand your search results to include all I-Share libraries -- it's up to you!
- Remember that the process for searching I-Share is the same as searching just at Knox, so take a look at the Library Catalog tab and Search Tips tab for some guidance.
- Once you locate a book in the I-Share catalog, just follow the steps below to request it, and the book will be sent to Seymour Library for you!
Request a Book
Requesting a book through I-Share is simple, and can be done if a book isn't available at Knox. Remember that you'll need to sign in to your library account to request books from I-Share.
From your results list, click the title of the item. Then scroll down to view a list of libraries that own the item. Find one library that owns it, then click the "Request Item" link:
If you are not already logged into your library account, you will be prompted to do so.
A pop-up box appears with information about the transaction. Simply click the PLACE REQUEST button:
The library will send you an e-mail when your book arrives, but you can also monitor requests through your Library Account:
When borrowing books from I-Share, keep these policies in mind:
- Pick up and return to Seymour Library Circulation Desk
- Unlimited number of books
- 28-day loan
- 3 online renewals (for students); 6 online renewals for faculty & staff
- Charged replacement cost after 29 days overdue
For more information on borrowing from I-Share, see the I-Share FAQ.